Saturday, March 14, 2015

miracles can occur

A woman I adore has cancer. 

News like that can knock you over.

Her mantra has been:
"Where there is hope there can be faith. Where there is faith, miracles can occur."

This has left me thinking about miracles a lot. I have been thinking things like, "What are miracles? Do they exist? Who gets them? Does God give them out or do we create our own?"

Then, at the bookstore the other day, I saw a middle grade novel: The Question of Miracles by Elana K Arnold. I knew I had to read it.




It was truly, wonderfully honest. I love a middle grade book that is willing to explore tough topics like death and hope and faith and religion. This book navigated the tricky waters of looking for answers from psychics, therapists, science, and the Vatican. 

If, like me, you've ever wondered about miracles, read this book.






No comments:

Post a Comment